Monday, November 19, 2012

A year with Tangerine Tango...

The current year is coming to its end and in a few days Pantone will announce their Colour of the Year 2013.Tangerine Tango  was a surprising choice that enlivened our life in 2012. The Orange family is usually  looked at with much controversy: you love it or you hate it, it's something experts know. Personally I love it for it's optimism and energy, not so strong as red, but still very warm.

Yesterday I was looking at the best Tangerine Tango photos published in Pantone's blog and I collected my favorites in  the Interior Design field. And I'm bringing this anthology to you as my humble homage to this happy hue before it's kingdom comes to an end and we forget about it.


How did Tangerine Tango help us?


Infusing life in a sophisticated neutral room...


In beautiful textiles married with white, yellow-green and green hues.





Combined with bright hues in Folk textiles and ambients.




Being the accent to its complementary.


Creating a sensuous atmosphere in a room.



In a contemporay home.



From the 60's? In Antiques.



In this neutral contemporary home, tangerine makes the sofa's corner a cozy one.



In intimate and warm lighting.



Even in the patio!


In furniture.



More textiles, photo by Leslie Williams.

My wishes are that this year with Tangerine Tango may have made us more daring with colour.That may we have good memories of this passionate hue. And that may you have enjoyed this selection I made for you 

Isabel de Yzaguirre, 
La Colorista.

10 comments:

  1. Great Post. What I found really interesting about Tangerine Tango was the interpretation. Many shades of orange became representative of Tangerine Tango through out the year. Probably because few people actually looked at the actual pantone color in person and saw it only on a computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, Connie. The interesting fact in what you say is that many people have come to appreciate better the Orange family. Thank you for your appreciation and for leaving your comment!

      Delete
  2. I love tangerine tango! We just made a coffee table from Chinese birch stained medium brown with the drawer in a popping shade of orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I will have a look at your blog, Mo! Thank you for leaving your comment!

      Delete
  3. Love your header! This is the first time I've been on your blog! Great post, I have so much orange in my wardrobe it seems like everywhere I"ve looked this year, it's ORANGE!
    X
    MARIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments, Maria! And for honouring this blog with your visit :)
      I love orange but never dared to think of it so much as this year. I'm not afraid of ot never more!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Isabel

    Great post. I love the pendant light - its Gorgeous. I do love Orange also. Its a pick me up kind of a color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Farha! I also love the pendant light, it's light, warm and wonderful!

      Delete