Thursday, August 25, 2011

AzkoNobel's Colour for the year 2012, Juicy Ripe Berry Red.

As I said a couple of days ago, I have interesting news from AzkoNobel's Color Futures 2012. And here it goes. Colour of the year 2012 proposed by this Company is:


Juicy  Ripe Berry Red!


This  lively and radiant colour is at once whimsical and serious,dynamic and soft, and in such a changing period of history reminds us not to look for simple solutions.



It evolves from paler tints of colours of previous years into something more confident to warm our hearts for 2012. I feel  we need that in such a troubled days we all are living!




"Within a palette of hues, red allows contrasting one colour, another to recede. Or it brightens a cool quality in the next one. It can change the game in an instant!"





A powerful mood modifier,red is held in high regard around the world for its many symbolic purposes. In China it is associated with good fortune; in India signals marital bliss... In many Western societies is the colour of passion, power and festivity. Children prefer it clearly and we grown-ups admire those who dare to wear red in public. It conveys value and meaning and is also used to alert us to danger.






The KEY WORDS for the Red Family proposed by AzkoNobel are: BERRY, RIPE, ROMANTIC, EDIBLE.

It's KEY COLOUR is defined as " a deep-warm blush of pinkish, tropical red with a subtle hint of peach and a misty aspect... Quite a chameleon: reassuring or edgy, solft or bright, depending on what it is paired with."


Red's transition

"The intense fiery quality of 2011's red is toned down by a misty, dusky veil, making the new red slightly more enigmatic and versatile".



I can't but relate it to Pantone's 2011 Honeysuckle Pink  and think about it as a logical evolution. Pantone has not published it's chosen Colour 2012 but will do soon, I guess. In the meanwhile, I admit I fell in love with this Berry Red at first glance!

If you need to consult any question related to Color, feel free to contact me :)

NOTE: All the images shown here have been extracted from AzkoNobel's Color Futures 2012, linked at the beginning of this post. And written information has been quoted from there, sometimes literally, sometimes interpreted under my judgement. Therefore, original images and information belong to AzkoNobel. And this Blog Post remains propriety of the Blog's Author. You can quote and reproduce, only please recognize and be gentle to link back here! Thank you :)!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful color! I have two in the Benjamin Moore deck that I feel are very similar, just selected them for a client's home yesterday; #033 Golden Gate & #1286 Cinco de Mayo.
    Both very close to this Berry Red!
    Bravo Isabel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you enjoyed, Nancy! I will have to check these colors you mention. I will see if I find them In BM site. I think red can be very successful. Let's see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I fell in love with this Berry Red, too. Very beautiful hue! Thanks for sharing - it's nice to read a European voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same happened to me, Alex! Thank you for leving comment, it's nice to know you are read -in spite of Bloggers statystics... I will come to read you.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for leaving such nice comments :) - By the way, you might be interested in this link:
    http://www.colourlovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Alex! I know Colors Lovers, should pay more attention to them!

    ReplyDelete